[Digikam-users] Users manual?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Jan 5 19:17:39 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 18:14:26, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> These words are unacceptable for me. i take A LOTS OF FREE TIME to
> develop, coordinate, contact people, fix bugs, implement new feature.
> An this is the same for all other people who work in digiKam project.
> This is open source world, not a software company.
>
> We are not payed for that. You want more service, you don't like my
> words : no problem, go back to windows or mac an give money as a
> customer...
>
> Gilles Caulier

You are right, Gilles!

I already typed an email before to complain about the impertinent tone of
these two mails - but then I deleted it, because... well, as a sometimes
choleric person I remembered some of my own mails sent to several mailing
lists that were not better at all...

DigiKam is not only free, it is a great gift to us! Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Ehhhm... but, sorry, how can I install the doc? Under OpenSuse 11.2? On the
said page I find a link, but then within that link I often come to links that
do not go any further (I get "help is not a registered protocol" e.g. when
clicking on "metadata editor" on "http://.......digikam/using-
sidebar.html#using-sidebarmetadata").

So I guess that format is intended for local install. But where do I get that
"package"? Google doesn't help...

Sorry, if I'm just to blind or stupid. I read that page several times, but
just don't catch it...

thanks for hints.

Daniel

b.t.w.: I'm just starting to use 1.0. It looks great!