[Digikam-users] Deleting in Digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 10:30:54 GMT 2010

2010/1/2 Peter Shute <pshute at nuw.org.au>:
> Similar problem with KDE on Windows (that the beta is included instead of final release). I didn't realise those teams were responsible for which version to include.

KDE-windows prject is in charge of KDE windows packaging

digiKam team only release source tarballs, no binary version.

> I agree it's a shame. How many people must try this program and give up because there are bugs in what should be a stable release?

Sure. But KDE-windows team is limited in contributors. this is not the
same for Ubuntu, which is a compagny...

> Are they doing the same thing with other programs?

yes. Look Amarok for ex... But problem is huge. Too many
distributions, to many formats, to many tests to do for each packages.

This is the lead problem of opensource : dispersion.

Gilles