[Digikam-users] digkam albums don't update on the fly

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Jan 2 09:59:38 GMT 2010

Am Freitag, 1. Januar 2010 15:29:10 schrieb Martin Senftleben:
> Am Freitag 01 Januar 2010 schrieb Sven Burmeister:

> > > I use yast.
> >
> > He means the build service repos which include packages of digikam
> >  1.0.0, e.g. the Backports repo. you can add it by going into
> >  YaST's software repository module > add > community repos > KDE
> >  Backports. After that open YaST's software installation module and
> >  search for digikam. If you select the package and open the version
> >  tab below the package list you can select 1.0.0 and install it.
>
> Got it and now also installed 1.0, but no change. BTW, pressing F5
> does less than a restart of the software: the album remains as it was
> before. The problem is still present with 1.0. I'm sure it's related
> to the database (handling), but have no clue what could be wrong.

I saw the issue when I had digikam open and processing pictures in the BQM.
The processed files appeared in the destination folder. Yet as soon as I
started to delete/move some files (in other picture folders) with dolphin the
view in digikam did not show the new pictures but I had to press F5 and reload
frequently or restart digikam.

It might have also happened if I changed the date of an album but  I'll have
to try that again.

Sven