[Digikam-users] Re: Compiling Issues (The Eagle has landed!!!)

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Tue Dec 21 12:03:42 GMT 2010

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the frenglish and a certain amount of typing
faults (oops). most of the time, I try to staying understandable, but, may
be, even in french, I've had a tendency to don't give only the essentials
and being confuse consequently (like now :-b).

In second, happy you solved your matter, but I'm not sure to understand
the final trouble.

"With this deb you can install Libexiv2-9 and libexiv2-dev"

Effectively, I didn't precise you can >and need to< install them before
the next steps... ;-) But there's no need to be in the src directory
before installing this deb files.

At least, things are fixed ! And may be it could be helpful for other
users.

Le Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:48:13 +0100, Hevï Guy <heviiguy at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Woo hoo!
>
> Since I understand Frenglish as well as I understand Linux ( I say that
> with all due respect, Nicolas!) I wasn't able to immediately understand
> that I had to go into the src directory and install the libexiv deb.
> Eventually, this is exactly what I did. Nicolas, you are a saviour:
> digiKam is now running with exiv2 .20 ! Merci, merci, merci!
>
> As soon as I wash the blood and gore from myself, set my bones and and
> suture the wounds, I'll be able to get back out there and take pictures
> again with my fine D90. Then, hopefully, I won't have to wait 3 moon
> phases before each download is processed in digiKam as I initially did.
>
> * A great big Thanks to everybody else too, including Michael Hansen,
> Gert Kello, Christian ? and Mark Greenwood :-) :-)
>
> On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 16:19 -0600, Hevï Guy wrote:
>
>> In spite of not hearing back from somebody I went ahead and followed
>> these guidelines. At the conclusion of the incredibly longggg build, I
>> opened digiKam and looked at the components. Damn; that infuriatingly
>> buggy exiv2 1.9 was still there X-(
>>
>> Has anybody else got a suggestion or, is everybody tired of this. I
>> know that I am but, I've got no choice but to go on if I have any hope
>> of getting this program to operate properly. I suppose that I can
>> always boot back into Windoze and run Adobe Bridge, eh? Grrrrr....
>>
>> I'm sure that there must be a perfectly logical reason for it but, I
>> still don't understand why there isn't a simple deb available with all
>> of the necessary stuff. I mean it the humblest manner possible  when I
>> ask why must everybody have to reinvent the wheel?? It may be fun to
>> some but, for those of us who aren't programmers by trade but are mere
>> butchers, bakers and candle stick makers, it ranks up there with going
>> to the dentist in terms of pleasure factor.

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr