[Digikam-users] Re: Compiling Issues (The Eagle has landed!!!)

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:48:13 GMT 2010

Woo hoo!

Since I understand Frenglish as well as I understand Linux ( I say that
with all due respect, Nicolas!) I wasn't able to immediately understand
that I had to go into the src directory and install the libexiv deb.
Eventually, this is exactly what I did. Nicolas, you are a saviour:
digiKam is now running with exiv2 .20 ! Merci, merci, merci!

As soon as I wash the blood and gore from myself, set my bones and and
suture the wounds, I'll be able to get back out there and take pictures
again with my fine D90. Then, hopefully, I won't have to wait 3 moon
phases before each download is processed in digiKam as I initially did.

* A great big Thanks to everybody else too, including Michael Hansen,
Gert Kello, Christian ? and Mark Greenwood :-) :-)