[Digikam-users] Re: Compiling Issues (The Eagle has landed!!!)

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 14:03:48 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 13:03 +0100, Photonoxx wrote:

> In second, happy you solved your matter, but I'm not sure to understand
> the final trouble.

I had thought that this: "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b"   was the
final step. I didn't realize that it only (apparently) loaded the extra
necessary debs into my directory which I I then had to install.

> At least, things are fixed ! And may be it could be helpful for other
> users.

I'm sure that, right now, there are indeed others who are frustrated by
the same bug but who have been too daunted by the process to attempt a
correction. I would be VERY HAPPY to help anybody in this situation.
Whereas in no way do I consider myself amongst even those on the lowest
rungs of the Linux Wizardry ladder, I understand where my fellow-mortals
"are coming from". As such, I think that I'd be able convey some basic
guidance phrased in a manner which we can understand. Just so that it
wouldn't be a case of the severely sight-impaired leading the blind, I
would hope that the Experts would be able to fill in the technical gaps
where they are sure to appear.

Thanks again everybody!