[Digikam-users] Re: Wife Demands Access to Pics

Paul Verizzo paulv at paulv.net
Sat Dec 11 13:59:37 GMT 2010

I'll resist the temptation of suggesting priorities, the wife or
digiKam..........

Since I have two computers that I use a lot I keep all my photo files
updated between them.  But with the original dK database in my
c:\dig_photos directory, conflicts would arise as I sync'ed one computer
to the other.

The solution was simple: I specified that the database will henceforth
reside in c:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\digiKam
Database.  When I upgraded from the KDE for Windows (yuk!) version to
the compiled for Windows version (luv you guys!), there was my database
all read for the using.   Now, after sync'ing the new images, it takes
only some few seconds for dK to update its own database on each computer.

Longwindedly, i think I'm saying  you each can have your own databases
if you want.   Or,  a third mutual one?   Is there another photo program
out  there that let's a guy - or a marriage? - do this?  (Menage a
database?)

Pretty cool.   But stick to one bed, if I may offer advice!