[Digikam-users] Failure to upgrade 1.4 to 1.5

John B. Egger jbe9 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 3 23:28:42 GMT 2010

When I booted up this afternoon there was a Digikam error box about this
failure to upgrade, with advice to move "digikam4.db" [and
"digikam3.db"] from my albums' folder and allow Digikam to recreate it.
I did so, but have lost one album's captions and tags. (The other
albums' captions and tags, thank goodness, seem OK.)

Is there any efficient way to get back the lost captions and tags? I
opened the bad "digikam4.db" (the one I'd removed from the Album folder)
using Kwrite, found the captions' text, and copy-paste'd them to a new
text file, but I'd hate to have to do that with more than that
particular album's 25 photographs.

As my signature shows, I'm using Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.1, and
Digikam 1.4.0.

---John
Registered Linux User #291592
Kubuntu Maverick Meerkat, KDE 4.5.1