[Digikam-users] Re: Failure to upgrade 1.4 to 1.5

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Dec 5 19:07:44 GMT 2010

Please note that there is no database upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5. Something else
must have gone wrong.
The command "PRAGMA integrity_check;" can check for db file corruption (but
not repair...)

> Is there any efficient way to get back the lost captions and tags? I
> opened the bad "digikam4.db" (the one I'd removed from the Album folder)
> using Kwrite, found the captions' text, and copy-paste'd them to a new
> text file, but I'd hate to have to do that with more than that
> particular album's 25 photographs.

The sqlite3 tool is able to dump a table into a text format (.dump <TABLE>).
You can also chain it:
echo .dump ImageTags | sqlite3 digikam4.db.broken | sqlite digikam4.db-new
would for example copy the ImageTags table.

Marcel