[Digikam-users] selecting photos

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Aug 16 11:42:15 BST 2010

> I want to select some photos, but every time I *do* anything, the
> selection is cleared. If I want to take a closer look at a photo, to
> see if I want to select it as well, and click on it, the selected
> photos are cleared.

I can accept this argument. Previewing need not clear the selection. It may be
difficult to implement because it is default behavior probably implemented
deeply inside Qt.

> I cannot select across multiple albums either, as
> changing album also causes the selection list to be cleared.

How would you want to make this usable? You would have invisibly selected
items. You can switch to any album, to any tag, any search. Should all
previously selected items stay selected? If you clear the current selection,
should all selections be cleared? This can't work.

> Is there any way to accomplish what I want?

So what's the usecase? I dont mean "I want to select images", but for what
purpose do you want to create a temporary selection (as opposed to a permanent
group, which is tagging)?

Marcel