[Digikam-users] Empty Albums

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Thu Apr 8 22:46:30 BST 2010

I have a strange problem which I hope I can describe. My OS is Kubuntu
Lucy with Digikam 1.1.0. I recently copied all my digital photos to an
external hard drive and Digikam did an amazing job of scanning and
recognizing all my albums. All seemed well.
On going through the albums to tag them etc. I suddenly found that
various albums had no pictures shown in Digikam. In the the album
column, the number of photos for the album were correctly stated, on
doing a search, photos in the "empty" album were found and displayed.
The album seems to be empty, no photos in the centre box, no data in the
right hand column. Just the name of the album in the left hand column
with the (correct) number of photos in that album. Nothing I can do
seems to enable Digikam to "see or show" these photos when browsing in
the albums in Digikam. I even copied one or two albums to my home drive
and the same phenomena occurred. No pictures could be viewed in Digikam.
The albums "not viewed" have nothing in common. They are random albums
with photos in them that are the same format as all the other photos I
have. The photos are all jpg and visible in any other program including
Showfoto. The RAW photos I have are all visible. As I said the phenomena
is some few (about 6) albums and even renaming the album didn't bring
the photos to life.
Confused and hoping for a solution.
Errol