[Digikam-users] Language

Bran Everseeking bran.everseeking at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 8 18:30:12 BST 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:38:43 +0200 (CEST)
photonoxx at free.fr wrote:

> I don't think my english is very good, and someday, reading in
> english is not an easy task, but personally I try to use english. But
> sometimes, some peoples answer to some questions I post here in
> french on my private mail, and this is also usefull when some thing
> are not so easy to understand in a foreign language !

As a one born to english my usage is not as good as many who learn it
as a second language.  I can gather meaning in french and german but I
suffer many years of disuse in both.

Our world is suffering extinction of languages and ideas that can only
really be expressed in those languages as well.  I understand that
english has become the lingua franca (ironic no) of FOSS and the
internet I would rather support expanding language choices rather than
limiting them.

When I post in predominately french forums i do my best damage to the
tongue and post in english as well.  seems to work.

--
"Love" is that condition in which the happiness of another person is
essential to your own... Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy