[Digikam-users] Language

photonoxx at free.fr photonoxx at free.fr
Thu Apr 8 14:38:43 BST 2010

I understand the both point of view, but, as the english is more spoke around the world than the french, nobody can think english is actually spoke or understand (well or just a bit) by everybody.

In that way, in the spirit of open source to get access to the knowledge for anybody (or the most of people and not only the english speaker), I don't think that formalize this kind of thing is really usefull.

On the other hand, I think it would be better, for people who don't speak enough english, to specify it (in english, of course ;-) ) in the beginning of their messages. And I don't think it would be necessary to answer on the mailing list in the original language, but, perhaps, for those who want, answer to the personal email of the sender and why not the same response in english on the mailing list...?

I don't think my english is very good, and someday, reading in english is not an easy task, but personally I try to use english. But sometimes, some peoples answer to some questions I post here in french on my private mail, and this is also usefull when some thing are not so easy to understand in a foreign language !