[Digikam-users] Import labels tree from external files

jim junk junk_jim at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:28:00 GMT 2009

> At least from beta 6 (rev.: 1032854M) the "Map searches"
> has a button "Map settings" where one can select Openstreetmap.

Yes!  Thank you, I found the button with the menu.  For me, professionally, this is the killer feature.  To be able to find that handful of photos that were taken in a given area out of a gallery of tens of thousands; well it's way better than fantastic.  I've been waiting for this feature for many, many years and to have been able to find it in an open source program is really great.

Two more questions if you have the time.  The first is not too important but compared to Open streets in Firefox the applet in DigiKam is much slower to download images and the images are not as sharp.  Is that a problem on my end or is it just a problem with the applet.

The second issue is much more important as I have a dialup connection at work and I'm not sure that the Open Streets option will be functional with the slow dialup speeds.  I use the Google Earth application at work but I'm able to run it from the cache.  I brought the box home and put it on the home network, were I have ADSL and then ran Google Earth over my area of concern so it cached the aerials that I need for work.  Note that I'm only interested in an area that's about 16 by 12 kilometres.  Will I be able to do the same with Open Streets?  Is there some option to have Open Streets, or the applet look locally for maps?

Again thanks for your assistance.

jw

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/