[Digikam-users] Import labels tree from external files

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 25 15:43:53 GMT 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, jim junk wrote:

> There is a choice I believe for google maps or open street maps
> for geocoding photos but I didn't see that option for the marble applet
> to find photos.   I'd be happy to be wrong.  I have some geospacial
> experience and would be willing to add a georectified raster or vector
> map to use locally if that is possible.

At least from beta 6 (rev.: 1032854M) the "Map searches"
has a button "Map settings" where one can select Openstreetmap.

As far as I know, there is now support currently for additional
maps (Though in principle this should be doable when
marble supports the corresponding kml elements
(GroundOverlay and LatLonBox) ).

Best, Arnd