[Digikam-users] RAW workflow and tags

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sun May 10 20:53:55 BST 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 10:33:25 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2009/5/8 Leonardo Giordani <leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com>:
> > Ok, I moved to digiKam for RAW processing.
> >
> > It works, but:
> >
> > 1. I cannot see the live effet of a parameter change as in RAWstudio or
> > UFraw
>
> Really ? do you use Raw Import tool (look editor settings)

While 0.10+ import is much improved there is still need to "reimport" photo
after some updates which is unnecessary in apps like RawTherapee.

> > 3. It could be useful to add a color picker (to check white, for example)
>
> yes, there is in WB tool.

But there is no colorpicker in raw import tool like in WB plugin. You have to
use sliders to get color balance.

> > Another question:
> >
> > I always considered 5 star classification as unuseful, but in the manual
> > it is exemplified as a way to distinguish between good shots and bad
> > shots (ok, it is straightforward, but it didn't occoured to me...). Do
> > you use it that way? How? I mean, do effetively rate your images with 5
> > levels or there is someone that uses only a good/bad rating?
>
> For me 5 start is to identify shot to print.

I use stars to rate quality of photos or personal preferences. For workflow I
use tags.

m.