[Digikam-users] Dark Images for 16-bit raw and reconstructed highlights

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Wed May 6 20:59:06 BST 2009

Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out why my 16-bit raw image conversions are going dark on me: if I use "Highlights: Solid White", I get a decent image. If I use "Highlights: Reconstruct", the image is significantly darker and the details are not as sharp.

I have looked at the dcraw man page, Digikam documentation and the Oracle of Google, but I can't find any mention of why highlights would cause an image to be dark. If this is documented somewhere, please help me with a link. How do you process raw files where you want to rebuild the highlights? Any help would be appreciated!

Paul