[Digikam-users] RAW workflow and tags

Leonardo Giordani leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com
Fri May 8 09:47:10 BST 2009

> > 1. I cannot see the live effet of a parameter change as in RAWstudio or
> > UFraw
>
> Really ? do you use Raw Import tool (look editor settings)
>
> > 2. There is no histogram
>
> Really ? histogram is _everywhere_ in digiKam. Please post somewhere a
> screenshot to see how you process your raw file.

I forgot to say I'm using digiKam 0.9.3... probably you (correctly) refer to a
newer version.

I currently use Tool->Raw Image Converter on an image to find the correct
parameters, than select all (similar) images and switch to Batch->Batch Raw
Converter and apply the parameters to them.

> > 3. It could be useful to add a color picker (to check white, for example)
>
> yes, there is in WB tool.

I meant in the Raw Image Converter, to help finding correct WB parameters.

> > 5. Preview of RAW conversion should be done in the marvellous two-face
> > way as any other image tool in digiKam, to enable the user to compare
> > between the RAW shot and the converted one.
>
> Can be done. Add an entry in bugzilla.

Ok

> Look digikam web site :
>
> http://www.digikam.org/node/427

Thank you very much

Leonardo

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.
Sensing the planet
Via Vittoria Colonna, 7
20149 Milano - Italia
tel.: +39.02.4343.121
fax: +39.02.4343.1230
e-mail: leonardo.giordani (at) treuropa.com
web: www.treuropa.com