[Digikam-users] RAW workflow and tags

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:33:25 BST 2009

2009/5/8 Leonardo Giordani <leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com>:
> Ok, I moved to digiKam for RAW processing.
>
> It works, but:
>
> 1. I cannot see the live effet of a parameter change as in RAWstudio or UFraw

Really ? do you use Raw Import tool (look editor settings)

> 2. There is no histogram

Really ? histogram is _everywhere_ in digiKam. Please post somewhere a
screenshot to see how you process your raw file.

> 3. It could be useful to add a color picker (to check white, for example)

yes, there is in WB tool.

> 4. There is no way to see what parameters are applied by "Automatic White

no. this is missing in libraw... Can be improved... I cc alex.

> Balance": since sometimes I would only correct it, it could be useful to
> perform automatic WB and than change to Manual while keeping the parameters
> used for the Automatic. Same for Camera and D65 WB.

> 5. Preview of RAW conversion should be done in the marvellous two-face way as
> any other image tool in digiKam, to enable the user to compare between the
> RAW shot and the converted one.

Can be done. Add an entry in bugzilla.

> I think they are probably  already been added in 0.10.x: where can I check
> todo lists or detailed features of 0.10.x? (Waiting to migrate...)
>
> Apart from this RAW processing in digiKam works very well! Thank you for
> addessing me.

Thanks

> Another question:
>
> I always considered 5 star classification as unuseful, but in the manual it is
> exemplified as a way to distinguish between good shots and bad shots (ok, it
> is straightforward, but it didn't occoured to me...). Do you use it that way?
> How? I mean, do effetively rate your images with 5 levels or there is someone
> that uses only a good/bad rating?

For me 5 start is to identify shot to print.

> And moreover, what do you rate? RAW? TIFF?

all. We don't care as all can be rated (:=)))

> I would like to understand more about this Batch Queue Manager
> Mikolaj Machowski waht talking about in his first answer: where can I find
> info about it? Just to avoid asking for features that are already
> developed...

Look digikam web site :

http://www.digikam.org/node/427