[Digikam-users] Difference between collection types

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 21:48:57 BST 2009

> Hi Marcel,
>
> I am hopeful this will work.  I have added a new album that points to the
> same location, but no tags were transferred to the new images :-(
> Hopefully rebuilding fingerprints will allow the tags to be transferred
> over.  Unfortunately, it is taking literally all day for 15k images hosted
> on a Samba share.  Ugh!

No this is not the fingerprints, it's a md5 hash over certain file regions
(and it's fast and you already have it)
I am surprised because that always works for me here. What is the output on
the console when an already known album is added scanned initially? (enable
50003 with kdebugdialog).

digikam(18829)/digikam (core) Digikam::ImageScanner::addImage: Adding new item
"/media/fotos/Digikam Sample/PPM/comment-256-0.jpg"
digikam(18829)/digikam (core) Digikam::ImageScanner::scanFromIdenticalFile:
Recognized "/media/fotos/Digikam Sample/PPM/comment-256-0.jpg" as identical to
item 10519