[Digikam-users] Difference between collection types

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Wed Jun 10 21:28:34 BST 2009

Hi Marcel,

I've imported the new album and indeed I see the messages that you speak of.  I imported the album and then let digikam sit "idle" and it looked through the whole collection and found many identical images.  The new album shows no tags though!

I'm not sure what is happening with digikam though.  It finally finished finding identical images (after 15 hours: ugh!), but I still see major network (disk) activity and digikam is still chugging along doing something.  I see lots of messages that say
"Digikam::AlbumManager::slotDirWatchDirty: KDirWatch detected change at /mnt/camera".
Should I allow this activity to finish before expecting tags to be present in the newly imported album?  Thanks!