[Digikam-users] Several databases with digikam

Micha? Smoczyk admin at nocnyrzepin.net
Tue Jun 9 16:27:15 BST 2009

Jost Schenck wrote:

> [...] Of course I could put everything into one huge digikam base, but it would make
> tagging very confusing because of the vast amount of different tags.
>
> Is there a way to realize what I want to do? Would it make sense to put this
> on a wishlist? I would imagine a) a way to open a different digikam file in an
> open-Dialog in the File menu and b) a way to specify a digikam-file on the
> command line, so I could create different application launchers.

Hi Jost,
I think in this case there is no need to have more than one
database, you can use different _collections_ if your elements are
in different locations, and appropriate tree of subtags to describe
the content of your files.

I use quite complicated tree of tags with digiKam (more than 300
subtags grouped in a few main tag "branches") and it works good, I
can find desired photo if I want. Cheers,

--
/\/\ichal, admin [monkey] nocnyrzepin [dot] net