[Digikam-users] Several databases with digikam

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Tue Jun 9 19:41:44 BST 2009

Using different Albums may be of use to you.  I organize in a similar manner; When I download images from my camera, the files go into an album named Camera.  When I do any work on one of those images, that work goes into a different album called Developed.  Note that these albums point to different directories.  I want to keep my digital negatives as pristine as possible, hence the distinction.

If you have your three main categories of images in different directories, just go to the Digikam Settings and create an Album for each of the directories.  You now have visual separation of the types in Album View, and (IIRC) you can include the root album in any searches you create (e.g. caption=="cute puppy" and rootalbum==StockScans.  HTH!

Paul