[Digikam-users] Panasonic DMC-TZ5

Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sun Jul 19 09:56:49 BST 2009

Dear listmembers,
dear Bruce,
at the very first point: thank you for taking your time to look into this and
to check so thoroughly.

I understand your point but I simply have another one: I've got my wife use
digikam and she's happy with this. And she did that for several years now. If
I tell her now, well, we have got a new camera but you'll have to fiddle
around and remove that tiny card and put it - well, next issue, my PC has no
SD-card slot at all - see my problem?

I had mentioned something similar on this list some years ago: the user will
not ask for reasons why something does work on M$ and does not work on linux
(or unix  or whichever OS). The user will tell you: it has been proven to to
work, so if you want me to use this, make it work (not trying to force anyone
into any action, please do not take me wrong).

So, in further contrast to your Ubuntu findings I can tell for openSUSE that
the behaviour is very consistent between 3 PC's and 2 OS-versions (10.3 &
11.1).

Reading & downloading, viewing - no issue - deleting (and highly probably
writing) - nope.

Any  ideas are very welcome, if I can provide any debug logs - just let me
know (and tell me how to do it!)
thanks again

Dieter Jurzitza

Am Sonntag 19 Juli 2009 00:35:23 schrieb Bruce Marshall:
> On Saturday 18 July 2009, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > > Any Ideas how to get around this? Anybody aware of this issue?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for your time,
> > > take care
> >
> > I have this very same camera....   but have been using a card reader to
> > process the pictures into DK.
> >
> > I will try this using the cable.
>
> Mixed results.
>
> The first time I connected with the cable, I was able to download the
******

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)