[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:45:31 BST 2009

Marcel, Andi,

All this thread tell me that we need to found urgently a solution to
this problem.

If sqlite cannot drive large database, another DB backend need to be
used. For me MySql sound like the right alternative, if performance
are there of course (how to make a quick test about ?)

About DB schema and all DB queries, it's really complicated to migrate
from SQLite to MySql. SQL syntax is really different between both DB
backend ?

Gilles