[Digikam-users] OT: photo book formats and sizes

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Jan 1 17:06:05 GMT 2009

Hello everybody

happy new year :-)

Anybody here with experiences in printing photo books from digital pictures?

I want to offer my clients downloadable files that they can use to directly
order a photo book at their preferred service provider, but they should also
be able to print the contents on their own printer, if they want so, or just
look at the pictures in large format on their screen...

I'd prefer to create complete pdf's with envelope and designed content.

Now I don't know what formats and sizes I'd use best. After googling I guess
each service provider asks for its own formats and sizes, but I have to find
something in the middle that is usable for many.

As "letter" is smaller than "A4" I guess this would be the size to prefer? I
have seen a provider that asks for 305dpi, while I deliver printable pictures
in 300dpi since decades to my partners...

Any technical hints for me?
thanks al  lot

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com