[Digikam-users] Problems to compile digikam 10.0 beta 7

Ian Hubbertz ian_web1 at hubbertz.de
Tue Jan 6 23:31:44 GMT 2009

frederic wrote:

> Looking deeper into what cmakes returns shows that libkexiv2 library has
> not been found.
> Ths is quite strange as cmake log tells me :
>
> Found Kexiv2 library in cache: /usr/lib64/libkexiv2.so
>
> In addition, the last revision of the library (i.e. 0.7.2 has been copied
> in my library directory.
>
> Any hint ?

I have the same problem... Something with PkgConfig.

I had it compiling some weeks ago, but after some updated I had strange
problems and deleted 'build' to set up a fresh build directly.

Now various important libs (that from kdegraphics: kexiv, kdcraw, kipi) are
not found.

I have kde 4.2-beta2 (4.1.87) installed from Gentoo's kde-testing overlay,
so the libs and their PkgConfig .pc files are installed with prefix
/usr/kde/4.2.

---------------------------- cmake output ----------------------------

ian at martok /home/ian.old/compile/graphics/build $ cmake -
DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/kde/4.2/ ../../graphics/
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works

[... output of various normal tests omitted ...]

-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Phonon Version: 4.2.80
-- Found Phonon: /usr/lib64/libphonon.so
-- Found Phonon Includes: /usr/include/KDE;/usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.2 include dir: /usr/kde/4.2/include
-- Found KDE 4.2 library dir: /usr/kde/4.2/lib64
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
/usr/kde/4.2/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Found Freetype: -lfreetype -lz
-- Boost version: 1.35.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
-- didn't find IMLIB
-- Found libksane: /usr/kde/4.2/lib64/libksane.so
-- Check Kexiv2 library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kexiv2 library using pkg-config...
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
-- PKGCONFIG() indicates that libkexiv2 is not installed (install the
package which contains libkexiv2.pc if you want to support this feature)
-- Check Kdcraw library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kdcraw library using pkg-config...
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
-- PKGCONFIG() indicates that libkdcraw is not installed (install the
package which contains libkdcraw.pc if you want to support this feature)
-- Check Kipi library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kipi library using pkg-config...
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
-- PKGCONFIG() indicates that libkipi is not installed (install the package
which contains libkipi.pc if you want to support this feature)
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
-- Found ZLIB: /lib64/libz.so
-- Found PNG: /usr/lib64/libpng.so
-- Found TIFF: /usr/lib64/libtiff.so
-- Looking for include files HAVE_CRT_EXTERNS_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_CRT_EXTERNS_H - not found.

[...output of various normal tests omitted ...]

-- Check size of unsigned long
-- Check size of unsigned long - done
-- checking for module 'lcms'
--   found lcms, version 1.17
-- Found lcms version 1.17, /usr/lib64/liblcms.so
-- Found Jasper: /usr/lib64/libjasper.so
[...]
-- Found gphoto2: -L/usr/lib64 -lgphoto2_port;-L/usr/lib64 -lgphoto2 -
lgphoto2_port -lm
-- checking for module 'libkdcraw>=0.4.0'
--   package 'libkdcraw>=0.4.0' not found
-- checking for module 'libkexiv2>=0.5.0'
--   package 'libkexiv2>=0.5.0' not found
-- Found KdepimLibs:
/usr/kde/4.2/lib64/KdepimLibs-4.2.0/cmake/KdepimLibsConfig.cmake
-- Found MarbleWidget: /usr/kde/4.2/lib64/libmarblewidget.so
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
-- PKGCONFIG() indicates that lensfun is not installed (install the package
which contains lensfun.pc if you want to support this feature)
-- Found LensFun: /usr/local/include
--  digiKam 0.10.0-rc1 dependencies results   <http://www.digikam.org>
--
--  Qt4 SQL module found................ YES
--  libjpeg library found............... YES

--  libkipi website is at http://www.digikam.org/sharedlibs
--
--  libkexiv2 library found............. NO
--

--  libkexiv2 website is at http://www.digikam.org/sharedlibs
--

--  libkdcraw website is at http://www.digikam.org/sharedlibs