[Digikam-users] Digikam does not recognize new photos and nodes

Alvin Larson alvinlarson at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 01:31:13 GMT 2009

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Kubuntu 7.10 to Kubuntu 8.04.  Digikam worked
fairly well on Kubuntu 7.10 and I transferred all my pictures to my file
space in Kubuntu 8.04 by DVD.  Digikam in Kubuntu 8.04 (version 0.9.3)
recognizes all the pictures and file structure installed from the DVD.
However, if I add a new picture, from the camera, e-mail, or whatever,
they are not seen in Digikam 0.9.3.  Also, a new added node in the file
structure does not show up.
When I look at the file tree with ls, Konqueror, ShowFoto, or Gwenview,
all the added pictures are there.

I have searched the internet for a solution to this problem, looked at
settings in Digikam, looked at file permission, etc., but found nothing
that helped  The following post had the same problem, but apparently he
did not receive any help.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/digikam/discuss/72157606031398733/

Have other people and this problem and/or does anyone know of a solution
or a work around.

Sincerely, Al