[Digikam-users] digkam albums don't update on the fly

DrMartinus DrMartinus at drmartinus.de
Thu Dec 31 14:21:34 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm using OpenSuse 11.2 64 bit and used to use Digikam quite extensively,
but now it's no fun anymore. Since the last update to OpenSuse 11.2 (now
it's digikam version 0.10.0 release 6) I find that the albums don't update,
until I close digikam and start it again.
E.g. when I move images from one album to another, they stay in the album
from which they originate and don't appear in the one where I moved them,
until I close the app.
The same when I delete images - they just stay there until I close the app.
However, trying to perform an operation on those images tells that the file
is not existing. And then the image isn't shown any more, but all the other
meta info (like filename, creationdate etc.)
Does anyone have an idea, what the reason could be? I didn't find anything
yet in forums or other places that could help me.
One idea I had was that there may be too many images in the folder, but
before the "update" I had as many images and it worked fine. Current state
is close to 9000 images in my working folder, from which I use to edit
images, delete and put them in order (in different albums). The total number
of images in all albums is 50000.
Thanks for all help!

Martin