[Digikam-users] suddenly cannot choose a monitor profile in settings

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Sat Dec 26 18:24:22 GMT 2009

Guenther Erhard píše v So 26. 12. 2009 v 13:04 +0100:
> > There is indeed something mysterious going on.
> >
> > I did "dispwin <profile>" and digikam detected there was a system profile
> > detected, but the atom was empty. In this case, digikam will now ignore this.
> >
> > Then I did "dispwin -I <profile>" and the atom was set, as well properly in
> > the info dialog.
> >
> > Use "xprop -root  | grep ICC" to check that the _ICC_PROFILE atom is indeed
> > set. With current SVN, digikam will only use non-empty data from X.
> >
> "xprop -root  | grep ICC" does not output anything after xcalib
> profile.icc. Then I tried "dispwin -I <profile>" and "dispwin
> <profile>", but the result is always the same: no atom set. The profile
> is loaded correctly using both tools.

xcalib only updates the video card gamma settings (i.e. sets the monitor
to a calibrated state) and does not touch _ICC_PROFILE atom in X.org.

You want to do also the second step: to "copy" the ICC profile to X.org
so that you do not have to set it manually in the Settings of each
application. This can be done by "xicc"
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xicc

Once you do that second step, "xprop -root | grep ICC" should produce
some output.

dispwin from argyllcms does both steps at once, if it does not work for
you, try the xicc instead. Do not worry about "double" calibration -
only the last run command is valid.

Regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz