[Digikam-users] how to import old Database in new Digikam?

ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 22 11:27:15 BST 2009

A had exactly the same problem(s) earlier. Using suse 10.3 with a mix of kde3 and kde4 installed. Tried with Sidux with the same problems.

With the help of another thread in this list I opened the sqllite-database and browsed the information stored. It may be reassuring to see the information (both picture tags/date/descriptions AND album tags/date/descriptions) are still there in the database. I was concerned they were entierly lost.

After several tries It suddendly worked getting the albums meta data into digikam! Not sure why.

Digikam crash when syncronizing pictures and database data may be (it was for me) problem with permissione. Set the permission on the root level and for all sub-directories and files.

Sven