[Digikam-users] Digikam 1.0.0-beta3 in Debian with KDE4.3 - rebuild required

David Klasinc bigwhale at lubica.net
Wed Aug 12 07:56:42 BST 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 08:36:59 Tim Jenness wrote:

> Hang on, so with KDE4.3 digikam is now *required* to be installed alongside
> all the other KDE apps? It's no longer possible to have a private
> build/install? I do not want to install the betas from source over the top

AFAIK yes. When I built beta from the source and install it with default prefix
in /usr/local I encountered this bug with images not being displayed in the
albums.

> Can you expand your answer explaining why this
> is required now and if there is any plan to fix it? (last thing I want to

I have no idea why this is happening, but my best guess would be that some
library is not getting loaded when digikam is installed in /usr/local but I am
not sure if this is digikam's problem. Could also be a KDE issue with some
path hard coded somewhere by accident.

--
rgrds,
David