[Digikam-users] Digikam... has to be installed in KDE's "prefix" (e.g. /usr/bin) (?)

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Wed Aug 12 11:34:10 BST 2009

Am Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:33:06 +0200
schrieb David Klasinc <bigwhale at lubica.net>:

> > Strange I had 0.10.0 installed and there were no images.

[...]

> To fix the problem use:
>
> rm CMakeCache.txt
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde-config --prefix`

First of all thanks to you, David, for the tip! This way I finally got
a working digiKam in my Debian unstable (where beta2 and beta3 keep
segfaulting on my PPC).

But I'm with Tim: it is really annoying having to install a programm in
the system environment, instead of in "/usr/local/" (or wherever I
want it). If there is just a hardcoded path somewhere, I hope that
someone fixes it soon.

By the way: "kde-config" is in the package "kdelibs4c2a", which was not
installed in my system yet.

Regards,
Vlado