[Digikam-users] building from svn on Mac OS X

Stefan Aschenbach stefan at binaervarianz.de
Fri Aug 7 12:01:02 BST 2009

Hi there,

I took another approach on building digikam on OS X.
This time I tried building from svn, as I don't full understand which
version gets fetched with the selfcreated portfile for macports.

After having all the dependencies installed via macports, I followed
the instructions on the website.

The

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-
config --prefix` ../../kdegraphics

line failed cause in the file /opt/local/share/apps/cmake/modules/
FindPhonon.cmake
there was a search path for the phonon headers which pointed to "$
{PHONON_INCLUDE_DIR}/phonon/phononnamespace.h"
instead of "${PHONON_INCLUDE_DIR}/Headers/phononnamespace.h".

After a small edit the cmake run went fine.

But compilation stopped forcefully after 23%.

[ 23%] Building CXX object digikam/digikam/CMakeFiles/
digikamdatabase.dir/__/libs/threadimageio/pgfutils.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libdigikamdatabase.dylib
ld: warning can't open dynamic library: Qt3Support.framework/Versions/
4/Qt3Support referenced from: ../../lib/libdigikamcore.1.0.0.dylib
(checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)

Has anyone encountered that error before? As this is no 3rd party
tool but the digikam core itself, I think this is not a missing
dependency.
I have checked and found the file mentioned under /Library/Frameworks/
Qt3Support.framework/Versions/4/Qt3Support.
Any idea why it is not found while compiling?

Thanks

Stefan