[Digikam-users] Question about RAW processing: ufraw files?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 17:12:22 BST 2009

2009/4/5 Hadmut Danisch <hadmut at danisch.de>:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> digiKam has already Batch RAw converter as kipi-plugin.
>> in digiKam 0.11, a new Batch Queue Manager is implemented. You can
>> batch Raw file, resize it, make color adjustements, convert to
>> PNG/JPEG/TIFF, all in the same time.
>>

> Well, this might be a nice tool, but not what is called "batch mode".
> It's still something you call on the graphical user interface with the
> mouse. Remember, this is not about Windows, this is Linux. So something
> is needed that can be used from within a script file (because that's
> what's actually called a batch mode).

well, you want batch tool in command line : use imagemagick + bash... etc...

We talking about graphical interface for linux... do you know ? do you
know a mouse to move on the screen ?

It's time to learn modern computer science, especially for begineers,
who don't know scripting. This is the caseof Pro photographers, who
don't care about programming. These guys don't have more time for that
!

This is my goal : make GUI for non programmers... It's really more
interresting than to write something witch run in backgroung in a
console...

Also, are you take a look to Bibble pro software and the really nice
batch raw converter ?

> If I understand those examples correctly, the digikam 'batch mode' would
> apply the same settings to all pictures, not individual settings for
> each one.

yes. If you want to apply different settings, make more than one batch
tools pool. Start Batch Queue Manager, and go to take a coffee... All
will be done few minutes later (:=)))

>And it requires to store each picture twice, both as raw and
> e.g. jpeg.
>

> Well, would be really nice to improve that.

well, let's go. i waiting your patches...

> Nevertheless, thanks for the good work.

Thanks too..