[Digikam-users] Question about RAW processing: ufraw files?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Sun Apr 5 16:51:27 BST 2009

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> digiKam has already Batch RAw converter as kipi-plugin.
> in digiKam 0.11, a new Batch Queue Manager is implemented. You can
> batch Raw file, resize it, make color adjustements, convert to
> PNG/JPEG/TIFF, all in the same time.

Well, this might be a nice tool, but not what is called "batch mode".
It's still something you call on the graphical user interface with the
mouse. Remember, this is not about Windows, this is Linux. So something
is needed that can be used from within a script file (because that's
what's actually called a batch mode).

If I understand those examples correctly, the digikam 'batch mode' would
apply the same settings to all pictures, not individual settings for
each one. And it requires to store each picture twice, both as raw and
e.g. jpeg.

Well, would be really nice to improve that.

Nevertheless, thanks for the good work.

regards
Hadmut