[Digikam-users] Digikam 0.9.3 problems continue - getting desperate now

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon May 19 21:36:45 BST 2008

2008/5/19 RF <frosterrj at sbcglobal.net>:
> [...]

Yes, Robert give the right way.

digiKam use Gphoto2 driver to talk with Canon camera (PTP protocol),
and only like this, because Canon do not support Usb Mass Storage!

Second, Canon camera drivers is a mess in gphoto2. it's not the fault
to gphoto2 developpers, but the complexity to test with Canon stuff...

If you google "canon + gphoto2 + digiKam", you will see than you is
not alone (:=))

note : If you want to help gphoto2 team contact developper into
#gphoto irc channel

best