[Digikam-users] Digikam 0.9.3 problems continue - getting desperate now

RF frosterrj at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 19 21:04:48 BST 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>
To: digiKam - Digital Photo Management for the masses <digikam-users at kde.org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 12:45:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] Digikam 0.9.3 problems continue - getting desperate now

Hi Mark,

> Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your problems to which I also don't have any
good idea. The only thing coming to my mind is
an alternative approach: buy yourself a card-reader
(which is not that expensive), mount that as usb-drive
and copy over the files to the corresponding directory
below your digikam tree.

Of course, this is no solution to the original problem, but
just a work-around ...

Maybe someone else has a better idea how to debug the
real problem.

Best, Arnd

Really you should be using a card reader instead of hooking the camera up directly.  I have the 40D and use Digikam exclusively this way on PCLOS with no problems.  Card readers are much faster than the camera as well.

Not sure if you have the camera set correctly to PTP or what ever it's supposed to be, but that may be the problem as well.

Robert