[Digikam-users] SVN version crashes

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:35:18 BST 2008

2008/6/24 Daniel Svärd <daniel.svard at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> > the freshly checked out and compiled exiv2/digikam
>>
>> Hum, if you using Exiv2 from trunk, the tiff writing mode branch have
>> been recently merged to trunk and now Exiv2 become very unstable.
>>
>> I'm currently working with Exiv2 author to stabilize code. please
>> revert to last stable Exiv2 0.17.1. Do not use yet Exiv2 from trunk
>> (future 0.18)
>
> The same thing happened for me with Exiv2 0.17.1 and the new Digikam
> 0.9.4-rc1. I haven't compiled in enough debugging symbols to get a proper
> backtrace. I will try to do this as soon as I have some time.
>
> Reverting back to Exiv2 0.16 and Digikam 0.9.4-beta5 works. I have yet to
> try 0.16 with rc1.

Warning : binary compatibility is not preserved between 0.16 and 0.17.
if you don't recompile libkexiv2 used by digiKam and kipi-plugins you
will see strange side effect... like crash (:=)))

To be sure, please recompile libkexiv2 and exiv2 with full debug info,
and send me gdb trace to hack

Here i currently work with Exiv2 from trunk and digiKam 0.10.0 and
stability is the hell... but it's the only way to test and stabilize
code.

Gilles Caulier

Gilles