[Digikam-users] SVN version crashes

Daniel Svärd daniel.svard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:12:05 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2008/6/24 Daniel Svärd <daniel.svard at gmail.com>:
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Gilles Caulier <
> caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

> >> Hum, if you using Exiv2 from trunk, the tiff writing mode branch have
> >> been recently merged to trunk and now Exiv2 become very unstable.
> >>
> >> I'm currently working with Exiv2 author to stabilize code. please
> >> revert to last stable Exiv2 0.17.1. Do not use yet Exiv2 from trunk
> >> (future 0.18)
> >
> > The same thing happened for me with Exiv2 0.17.1 and the new Digikam
> > 0.9.4-rc1. I haven't compiled in enough debugging symbols to get a proper
> > backtrace. I will try to do this as soon as I have some time.
> >
> > Reverting back to Exiv2 0.16 and Digikam 0.9.4-beta5 works. I have yet to
> > try 0.16 with rc1.
>
> Warning : binary compatibility is not preserved between 0.16 and 0.17.
> if you don't recompile libkexiv2 used by digiKam and kipi-plugins you
> will see strange side effect... like crash (:=)))

Oh, I just recompiled libkexiv2 when I updated to exiv2 0.17.1. Do I need to
recompile kipi-plugins too? I thought they just used libkexiv2 to access
exiv2. Anyways, if I don't recompile libkexiv2 it complains about not
finding the correct library version, so that's a given.

> To be sure, please recompile libkexiv2 and exiv2 with full debug info,
> and send me gdb trace to hack

I'll try to get a back trace for you now before I fall asleep. Is it ok to
attach it here, or should I link it from somewhere?

Daniel