[Digikam-users] SVN version crashes

Daniel Svärd daniel.svard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:18:15 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > the freshly checked out and compiled exiv2/digikam
>
> Hum, if you using Exiv2 from trunk, the tiff writing mode branch have
> been recently merged to trunk and now Exiv2 become very unstable.
>
> I'm currently working with Exiv2 author to stabilize code. please
> revert to last stable Exiv2 0.17.1. Do not use yet Exiv2 from trunk
> (future 0.18)

The same thing happened for me with Exiv2 0.17.1 and the new Digikam
0.9.4-rc1. I haven't compiled in enough debugging symbols to get a proper
backtrace. I will try to do this as soon as I have some time.

Reverting back to Exiv2 0.16 and Digikam 0.9.4-beta5 works. I have yet to
try 0.16 with rc1.

Cheers,

Daniel Svärd