[Digikam-users] trying to install 0.9.4

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat Jul 19 09:25:54 BST 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008 06:57:13 Arnd Baecker wrote:

> On this point I am sure that I can speak for all digikam-devels:
> there will never be a DigiKam Gnome version!

You are right (at least speaking for me), I hate programming GTK and as you
mentioned before, a lot of KDE stuff is used so porting will never be done
(I'm pretty sure).
The only thing that bothers me when mixing KDE and Gnome apps (or even pure Qt
and KDE apps) are the different looks. I hate that and sure the poster here
hates that, too. But ignoring this fact right now digiKam works quite fine in
a non KDE environment, even D&D should work the way it is supposed to.

Andi