[Digikam-users] Rename files on disk? - SOLVED

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 09:44:43 BST 2008

Jason Antman wrote:
>  [...]

> Lastly, I haven't dug through the source, but I don't understand this
> album on a remote mount issue. In Unix land, that type of stuff should
> be transparent to applications. Everything's just a path, why does it
> matter where it is? Shouldn't that be handled by the kernel, or FUSE, as
> the case may be? My main non-photo data storage is mounted via
> FUSE/SSHFS from a remote box, and I've never had a problem with any
> other application, whether it be over the LAN or from work, or even via
> WLAN.

It's about sqlite database and locking. See here :
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/219

You could also be interested in testing the following patch with
0.9.4svn version:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-devel/2008-July/019511.html

This makes sqlite use .lock files for locking the database which is
supported on all platforms and filesystems. Use at your own risk...
Works for me   :)

--
Fabien