[Digikam-users] images created through open-with dialog do not shine up in current session

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Jan 23 16:52:12 GMT 2008

Am Mittwoch 23 Januar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> Marcus,
>
> Your problem sound like similar than mine or Caspar.
>
> A new image add to collection is generally always detected by digiKam.
>
> Only few time, (around 10%), new items are not detected properlly.
>
> I have seen this problem to enable counts of items in folder view and to
> work on editor on my RAW files.
> I use 2 flat screens at home, in xinerama mode. first screen in album gui,
> second is Editor or LitghtTable (i missing a 3nd screen for that (:=)))
>
> When i save from editor a raw file to PNG, i can see imediatly if new items
> created are count in folder view from album gui.
>
> I can see the same problem when items are moved frrom a physical album to a
> new one. in rare cases, counts of items are wrong. restarting digiKam fix
> the problem.
>
> The main problem is than digiKam do not detect sometimes the new files on
> HDD and do not start a scan to import items in Database. My first
> impression is a problem in KDirWatch witch do the detection job (using FAM
> service)
>
> A second way is a race condition somewhere, perhaps in DIO class witch
> process copy/move/scan of files in background and are invocated by
> KDirWatch.
>
> I'm waiting than Marcel try to reproduce the problem to be sure.
>
> My config is given below :
>
> Mandriva 2008.0 - PIV 3.4Ghz HT - 2 Gb RAM - SATA HDD 350 GB - KDE 3.5.8
>
> Marcel, i'm waiting your comments...

I have tried now to reproduce this by copying an image by a script to an empty
album and deleting that afterwards. I was _not_ able to reproduce the problem
with this test.
This may mean that my system does not have this problem, or the test case does
not trigger it. (I tried often enough to consider the result as significant
for the proposed 10% occurrence).

Do you usually encounter this when digikam is busy with copying or changing of
other files, or also when nothing else is active?

Marcel