[Digikam-users] images created through open-with dialog do not shine up in current session

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:26:55 GMT 2008

Marcus,

Your problem sound like similar than mine or Caspar.

A new image add to collection is generally always detected by digiKam.

Only few time, (around 10%), new items are not detected properlly.

I have seen this problem to enable counts of items in folder view and to
work on editor on my RAW files.
I use 2 flat screens at home, in xinerama mode. first screen in album gui,
second is Editor or LitghtTable (i missing a 3nd screen for that (:=)))

When i save from editor a raw file to PNG, i can see imediatly if new items
created are count in folder view from album gui.

I can see the same problem when items are moved frrom a physical album to a
new one. in rare cases, counts of items are wrong. restarting digiKam fix
the problem.

The main problem is than digiKam do not detect sometimes the new files on
HDD and do not start a scan to import items in Database. My first impression
is a problem in KDirWatch witch do the detection job (using FAM service)

A second way is a race condition somewhere, perhaps in DIO class witch
process copy/move/scan of files in background and are invocated by
KDirWatch.

I'm waiting than Marcel try to reproduce the problem to be sure.

My config is given below :

Mandriva 2008.0 - PIV 3.4Ghz HT - 2 Gb RAM - SATA HDD 350 GB - KDE 3.5.8

Marcel, i'm waiting your comments...

Best

Gilles