[Digikam-users] linking instead of copying

Eddie Armstrong eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 5 14:09:08 GMT 2008

Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> I propose to add a statement to the welcome page (Album root) that makes clear
> that Albums are a representation of folders. This is the page that is
> probably read by everyone starting to work with digiKam.
>
> "digiKam is a photo management program for the K Desktop Environment. It is
> designed to import, organize, improve and export your digital photographs on
> your computer.
> You are currently in the Album view mode of digiKam. The Albums are the real
> containers where your files are stored, they are identical with the folders
> on disk."

Gerhard
Obviously this would clarify the matter - and I accept Digikam uses
'albums' in it's own way - I would rather it used the word in the way
others used it.
The 'tags' view is more like albums except albums should be created by
the user  just as photo albums or scrap albums, portfolios etc are.
Having permanebt 'albums' in this sense would be a plus for Digikam, I feel.

Thanks for your response -  I am quite happy to let the matter drop -
but It will always be a little problem with Digikam for me.
Otherwise Digikam is becoming an excellent tool in Linux.
Eddie