[Digikam-users] (no subject)

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Fri Jan 4 21:38:32 GMT 2008

Dnia Friday 04 of January 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> no, no ,no...
>
> I hate to use regular expression everywhere. It's complex and not user
> friendly, especially into a gui.
>
> Take a look into photo-management application under windows and forget
> linux command line here. We programming a guin, and we need a simple way
> to change behaviour of text filter, using by beginners not experts !
>
> My prefered solution is to implement a pop-up menu over the line edit
> widget (like rating filter option available on status bar)

This functionality would be hidden from common user. Even with GUI they
would use that really rarely. But for power users it would be nice.

More user friendly could google-like syntax:

asdf filetype:jpg -date:2007*

It should find file with something with 'asdf' string somewhere AND with
filetype JPG but not done in 2007.

In short: bringing advanced search into "command line" of View mode.

m.