[Digikam-users] (no subject)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:32:29 GMT 2008

2008/1/4, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:

> Hi Piotr,
>
> On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Piotr Tarnowski wrote:
>
> > Gilles,
> >
> >   to effectively use quick search text box I need negation so, that I
> can
> > filter-out all files with RAW in name. The simplest solution would be to
> > check if first character is ! and if so search for remaining and negate
> > (for example:
> >
> > [!RAW    ]
> >
> > ). I'm going to patch this way. Do you like the idea or prefer different
> > one?

I really like this idea a lot!

Definitivly, no

Some possible extensions:
> - logical AND between space separated text:
>   Either implicit:
>     location1  location2
>   or explicitly:
>     location1 & location2
> - the same with OR
>     location1  location2
>   or explicitly:
>     location1 | location2
> This would mean a change to the current behaviour,
> where location1 location2 would filter for "location1 location2"
> (i.e. typically no hits).
>
> (Not sure if we really would like to allow for combining
> logical expressions here ;-)

no, no ,no...

I hate to use regular expression everywhere. It's complex and not user
friendly, especially into a gui.

Take a look into photo-management application under windows and forget linux
command line here. We programming a guin, and we need a simple way to change
behaviour of text filter, using by beginners not experts !

My prefered solution is to implement a pop-up menu over the line edit widget
(like rating filter option available on status bar)

Best

Gilles Caulier

Maybe the best is if you add a feature wish to the bug-tracker