[Digikam-users] Success: compile problems

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Feb 21 16:01:51 GMT 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 14.52:42 schrieb Arnd Baecker:
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > In addition to these libraries you also need the corresponding
> > header files for libkcal and libsqlite.
>
> I thought I had, but I handn't...
>
> > You have to install the svn version of libkexiv2
> > (It might be better to de-install the system 0.1.6 one before
> > installing digikam; I think there were some problems if both
> > are installed ...)
>
> Yes, that was a problem: while the 0.1.6-libkexiv2 was installed, compile was
> not successfull. After de-installing it, the script run without errors...
>
> > The script compile_digikam.sh  at
> > http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
> > should do this, if all requirements are fulfilled
>
> Yes, I always use this script, since decades :-)
>
> > And: don't hesitate to ask!
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> > (For sure this is
> > a bit frustrating, but you succeeded in the past, so I am
> > very optimistic ;-).
>
> Well, not so frustrating like having the system disk crash...

Actually, you may find Gerhard's text on DAM
  http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=DigikamDAM
  http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam+DAM2
interesting (or frightening, or both).
So the probability to have a disk crash is essentially 100%,
the only question is "when?"
(Hmm, maybe this would make a good login message:
"Your hard-disks may fail today, do you have a backup?")

> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Arnd
>
> thanks, kind regards

Sure, you are welcome!