[Digikam-users] Success: compile problems

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Feb 21 15:03:37 GMT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 14.52:42 schrieb Arnd Baecker:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> In addition to these libraries you also need the corresponding
> header files for libkcal and libsqlite.

I thought I had, but I handn't...

> You have to install the svn version of libkexiv2
> (It might be better to de-install the system 0.1.6 one before
> installing digikam; I think there were some problems if both
> are installed ...)

Yes, that was a problem: while the 0.1.6-libkexiv2 was installed, compile was
not successfull. After de-installing it, the script run without errors...

> The script compile_digikam.sh  at
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
> should do this, if all requirements are fulfilled

Yes, I always use this script, since decades :-)

> And: don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for your help.

> (For sure this is
> a bit frustrating, but you succeeded in the past, so I am
> very optimistic ;-).

Well, not so frustrating like having the system disk crash...

> Best wishes,
>
> Arnd

thanks, kind regards

Daniel